» Oak Mill Bakery

So David took me to one of his favorite bakeries yesterday afternoon. It's in Niles, IL and from the outside, it looks like any other typical European bakery that specializes in kolaches (hope I didn't spell that wrong..). But once you go inside, you are welcomed with smells of all sorts of delicious pastries, coffee, and even some floral scents from the neighboring flower shop.

I couldn't take my eyes away from their gorgeous cakes. I thought Mont Blanc had the prettiest cakes but now I'm torn! We took home the Ambrosia, which is half hazelnut cream, half chocolate, raspberry truffle layers, white chocolate, and sliced almonds on the icing. Yum.

some of their beautiful cakes

probably just 1/8 of their whole pastry/dessert section
I'm totally going to eat another piece with my Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee this morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment