» September Goals

I can't believe it's already September! This year went by way too quickly. I was eating with Catherine and David yesterday for dinner and all 3 of us were amazed at how quickly we had reached our mid-twenties. Can you believe that I'm already 24? Crazy. I still feel like I'm somewhere in between 18-22. They always say that your years in college fly by.. they weren't kidding.

Anyways, for the month of September, I wanted to make some short-term goals so I can look forward to things or feel accomplished. It will be a random list (as I am a pretty random person) so please don't mind as I will be listing things as they come to my mind. I'm going to try coming up with a list of 30 things, one for each day of September. I don't necessary have to do one a day but throughout the whole month of September, this is just a list that I would like to accomplish most, if not all, of.

Sylvia's September Goals [not in any particular order]

30. Make David my red velvet cupcakes.
29. Send Jay & Carrie a present for their new baby girl, Jillian Sarah =)
28. Buy the perfect red heels. (per David's request as well heehee).
27. Purge my makeup stash & my closet.
26. Buy a white blazer. Maybe cream. Or cobalt blue. What about pink? Hm... decisions. :)
25. Buy camo shorts.
24. Take Dad out for his birthday (09/10/11).
23. Help Pat, Richie, & Hyunoo move into their new place.
22. Take Grandma out for a belated birthday dinner.
21. Buy a pair of nude boots. I have cognac, black, brown, so now I need a pair of nude ones, right? :)
20. Go downtown and visit the museums.
19. Start playing with my makeup again. I do the same boring gold/bronzey eyes everyday on work. I want to do crazy blue/purple/green eye looks again!
18. Go to an outdoor concert. Maybe another trip to Ravinia?
17. Buy wedge booties. Black suede or maybe even nude suede. Should I go crazy and get cobalt blue or red wedges? In any case, I want wedge booties. So cute.
16. Make lemon bars. One of my managers at work, his wife made some for a company outing at Ravinia this past weekend that were delicious! I should ask for that recipe...
15. Buy fresh flowers for my living room. I love seeing fresh flowers in my square glass vase on the coffee table. It's simple things like this that make it feel like home.
14. Go to festivals [Long Grove's Apple Fest, Schaumburg's September Fest, Buffalo Grove days, Greek Fest, etc.]
13. Go on a weekend trip with D. Maybe Lake Geneva. Or Galena. Somewhere close enough to drive for just a weekend but far enough from home to justify a trip.
12. Cut my bangs; non-side swept. I've had the same haircut since I was 12!
11. Buy Mommy a Michael Kors watch. She's been eyeing my small collection and I want to buy one for her for a belated birthday present. :) Also, that way she won't steal mine...
10. Have a BBQ at my house, with a couple friends, go swimming, drink a few beers, just have a fun end of the summer evening.
9. Bake white chip chocolate cookies.
8. Go apple-picking. Or pumpkin-picking. Anything with a corn maze, hot apple cider, and hay rides!
7. Buy a maxi dress! I've been wanting one but I have not found the perfect one that doesn't make me look preggers or overwhelms my frame.
6. Ankle booties, non-wedge. I want to buy a crazy color, like cobalt blue or bright red. Nothing like taupe, black, grey. I have so many shoes in those colors!
5. Find the perfect red lipstick. This is so out of my comfort zone but I want one!
4. Find a white lace dress. Doesn't this sound perfect for a transition piece between the summer/fall?
3. Go mini-golfing.
2. Write a handwritten letter. Actually, write a few. I miss receiving actual letters in the mail, rather than e-mails. All I get are bills :(
1. Go on a picnic. Before the weather gets crazy cold, I want to go on a picnic and look at the stars. :)

I don't know how much of these I will accomplish by the end of September, but at least it will help me to keep track of some goals and will keep me busy. Wish me luck!

Sylvia ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment