» Milwaukee, WI ; 121411

[ Downtown Chicago ; 02.2011 ]
Living near Chicago, I've always held a fascination for smaller cities and I absolutely love quaint towns. I enjoy exploring through the smaller privately-held boutiques, family-run stores, and eating at non-franchised restaurants. 

I know Milwaukee isn't that small of a town, but the few times I was able to visit, I fell in love with the small town feel in big city shoes. My first time there was on the weekend of my 24th birthday and MAN, it was cold! David and I got a chance to try out new restaurants, stay in a cozy hotel, and get many opportunities to drink at local distilleries/breweries.

Our 2nd time there, we went to some other places from our 1st visit that we enjoyed. We stayed at a grander hotel, enjoyed the warmer-ish weather, and didn't have to cram all of the activities into just two days. Please enjoy just a few pictures I took over the period of my 2 visits there.

[ Downtown Milwaukee ; 04.2011 ]
[ Milwaukee Art Museum ; 2011 ]

[ Milwaukee Art Museum ; 2011 ]
[ Pfister Hotel ; 04.2011 ]
[ Great Lakes Distillery ; 02.2011 ]
[ Miller Brewery ; 02.2011 ]
[ Devon Seafood Grill ; 04.2011 ]
I can't wait to go back and visit these places and others, such as the Public Market again. I do want to go when the weather is even warmer so I can maybe catch a game. Cubs vs. Brewers? :] I loved walking in Downtown Milwaukee because it reminded me of Chicago, but with less hustle & bustle. Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment